Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sowing seeds and sightseeing on a Sunday

To get a head start on this year's garden, I sowed some seeds this morning: asters, strawflowers, sweet peas, dahlias and basil.  I'll let you know when anything sprouts - not much to look at right now!  Last year I had decent luck with my seeds - well, probably 1/3 of the seeds I planted actually turned into flowers - but I didn't try planting any of these guys last year, so it's more or less back to square one.  We'll see what happens.
This afternoon was a little adventure.  Jenny and I took the bus down to the University of Illinois at Chicago (henceforth UIC) campus to see what there is to see.  The architecture building, Jenny's prospective new home, was a little confusing to navigate, but we did manage to find a bin of old architecture magazines that were free for the taking, so we felt sufficiently welcomed.  I was rewarded for my efforts with a huge gyro in Greek Town before we came back up to our neighborhood on the north side.  
The pictures are of the UIC campus (one small part of it) and a really neat sculpture/ installation that was on the side of the engineering(?) building.  

No comments:

Post a Comment