Thursday, March 5, 2009

Getting some Spring in my step


Yesterday I had to take my car in for a checkup because on the drive home Tuesday night it started making a Scary Noise.  The temperature was finally above freezing, so instead of taking the train back home, I decided to walk the 3 1/3 miles.  It was such a nice break for me - usually I'm driving everywhere - and it reminded me of how I got around all the time when I first moved to Chicago - on foot!
Today, still car-less, I was pleased to see the temperature reach into the 50's(!) and I celebrated with another walk, just around my neighborhood this time.  You can see my 2 mile route here.  With spring in Wrigleyville, Chicago, comes an annually renewed hope for the baseball season, and inevitably, a few new shops around Wrigley Field banking on the Cubs and their icons.  

I was also 
greeted with 
a "Hi" from 
my home state 
of Connecticut.  
Hello CT!

No comments:

Post a Comment