Friday, March 27, 2009

Progress!

Another check off of my to-do list and this is a big one!  Yesterday I started (and today I finished) a tote bag for Jess.  I'm giving it to her at her bridal shower next weekend, along with her two other bridesmaids - we're putting together a whole goody bag of wedding day necessities and not so necessary fun things.  
The flowery fabric is one I ordered at the same time as my skirt fabric - it's another Amy Butler Daisy Chain pattern, and the faux bois which I made the bottom and handles out of is this luscious Joel Dewberry fabric.  I was a little worried that the two would look too intense together, but I think they compliment each other perfectly.  
I'm pretty sure that Jess is going to love this bag - they are definitely her colors.  I was looking at her registry the other day, and unsurprisingly she is registered for a few kitchen gadgets in this aqua/teal color, including a kitchen-aid mixer.  I haven't decided what I'm giving her for the actual wedding gift yet, but I hope someone does spring for the kitchen-aid!  Maybe I can make her an apron in some more complimentary fabrics.  




p.s. I'm seeing the first signs of life from some of the seeds I planted on sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment