Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Perks

One of the good things (slash very bad things!) about working with kids is I have an opportunity to buy Girl Scout cookies every year.  This year I was smart and made sure to only order 1 box from the first student to offer them to me, assuring myself that I would support all my little girl scouts equally by buying 1 box from each.  To my surprise, she was the only student to sell me any cookies.  Had the rest of them quit the Scouts this year?
As it turned out, no.  When I arrived at my final lesson this evening, I was greeted by a living room infested with Girl Scout cookies.  "A dream come true!" I told the mother.  At the end of the lesson, while peeking around over 100 boxes of cookies, the mom asked me what my favorite kind was.  "The peeeeanut butter ones!" I said.  
"The sandwich ones?"  
"Oh no!  The ones covered in chocolate."  
Imagine my delight when I was presented with a box of Peanut Butter Patties, free of charge.  This is the life, I tell you!

No comments:

Post a Comment