Sunday, February 22, 2009

Fat Quarter Swapping

Crafty Jenny talked me into signing up for 2 fat quarter swaps last week.  I have to say that giving away 1/4 yards of some of my precious fabric, which I've been hoarding, was not appealing at first.  But I was easily convinced, once Jenny told me what great fabrics I could be getting in return which I might never find on my own.
Jenny came over and spent a long day with me yesterday watching lots of How I Met Your Mother, and some of Nate playing Rock Band, eating some good food, and crafting as usual.  As we're sending our fat quarters all over the country (and Jenny is sending some to Germany) we decided to make some cards to go with them that were representative of our own Chicago.  Here I am cutting out our small representation of the Chicago skyline.
The packages we sent consisted of: the fabric, our Windy City postcards, ribbon which in most cases matched the fabric, and some chocolate lollies which we made for fun (not pictured).  

When I drove Jenny home last night, we made a quick stop at a mail box to send our fat quarters off into the world.  I can't wait to see what I get in return!

No comments:

Post a Comment