Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Cupcake Bowl, 2011

This past Sunday was the Superbowl across the country, and the third annual Cupcake Bowl at my house.  Friends brought cupcakes from their kitchens (and one professional bakery) all over the city (well, mostly north side) to share and enjoy while watching the big game.
            This year, I made lemon coconut cupcakes, which were modeled after the scrumptious cupcake I had from my visit to Sprinkles last month.  I have to admit I've had a stomach-ache ever since, so I haven't gotten a chance to try every cupcake yet, so I'm not going to mention names or flavors until I can be a better, more thorough judge :-)
            My old friend Jenny, who you, dear readers, have not heard much from lately, came back from her home in Utah with a belated birthday gift for our friend Katy, a set of Lincoln Log party favors. Katy kindly shared a set with me and they quickly became the hit of the party (at least amongst the girls spending the whole evening in the kitchen).
            Mind you, there were boys at this party as well, but they were more interested in the game, and betting on everything imaginable, than cupcakes and party favors, so I will leave you with this evidence of all the females present.  It's a pretty good looking group, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment