Sunday, February 20, 2011

Decidedly Domestic Sunday

            Thanks to it being a not-very-sunny Sunday, I woke up this morning and didn't feel like getting out of bed at all.  Instead, I stayed in bed reading for a while and finished the first few chapters of my next book club book, Jeffrey Steingarten's The Man Who Ate Everything.  The first chapter was all about figuring out the perfect bread recipe, and as the morning wore on I found myself craving some fresh-baked carbohydrates.
              Luckily I have all the necessary bread-baking ingredients on hand at all times, so I was able to whip up a few loaves without much effort (thanks to my kitchen-aid mixer) and in no time (minus the few hours it had to rise - see above) I was snacking on my hot, whole wheat bread (see right).  For dinner, I will supplement it with some chicken soup that I made on Tuesday (sans recipe - for the first time).
I also had plenty of time to work on my quilt this afternoon.  I spent a few hours piecing together another 1/3 of it (see my cabin-fever post from the blizzard a few weeks ago).  I have 2 baby showers coming up in March and for about 5 minutes I thought I might put some baby quilts together, so I was trying to clear off the quilt wall so that I could lay them out, but I have decided that would probably be crazy of me (although that hasn't always stopped me in the past).  Instead, I just slowed down and enjoyed my sewing for the afternoon, even though I broke a sewing needle half-way through.  Anyway, it's really coming together.

2 comments:

  1. I notice that you covered your freshly baked bread with a colorful towel woven by your mother---!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes I was going to write about that - it's my bread-rising towel since it's the perfect size to go over 2 loaf pans :-)

    ReplyDelete