Thursday, June 18, 2009

Jess's scrapbook, continued.

On Saturday, Jessica will start her residency at Northwestern Memorial Hospital.  What better way, we figured, to spend her last day of "freedom" than to go outlet shopping.  So tomorrow morning, I will pick her up at her new apartment downtown, and we'll head off the the Aurora outlets for some much-needed shopping time.  
I can also give her her wedding gift, which I finally finished today (almost 2 moths after the wedding).  As I've written before, I was putting together a scrapbook for her to remember all of the wedding planning and festivities.  I had a little mishap along the way and the nice canvas cover of the scrapbook got some water damage on the binding.  I remedied this by ironing on some fabric to cover up the spots.  The fabric I used is some that I had left over from the bag I made her for her bridal shower.  
Here are a few peeks at more pages from the book, including pictures from the rehearsal dinner












and the reception.  Overall, I'm pretty happy with this, my first attempt at scrap-booking.  I will definitely do it again someday, especially since I bought a LOT of paper and things for the project, and I had a lot of fun with my new sticker maker.  In the meantime, I think it's time to do a different project for the summer.  Any suggestions?  It may be time to think about the Amy Butler contest that Jenny told me about.  

No comments:

Post a Comment