Thursday, June 4, 2009

Another reason to love the internet

So the Spring Piano Recital is in less than 2 days.  I show up at a student's house for his final lesson before the recital - by the way, one of the things I like about teaching at my students' homes is that the piano music is never conveniently forgotten - and his music isn't there!  It turns out he had removed his copy of Fur Elise from his music binder to take in to school and play for Jazz Band auditions.  As cool as Jazz Band sounds to me, I am not jazzed about this at all.  Luckily, it being Fur Elise, a copy was easily found on the internet, printed out and played multiple times in this all-too-important lesson.
And by the way, he made the Jazz Band, and he is section leader for piano (with one other kid playing piano as well).  My student.  I taught him everything he knows!  Well, maybe not everything . . . but you know what I mean.  I guess we're going to be playing some jazz this summer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment