Sunday, June 28, 2009

Amazing birthday weekend

Saturday morning I met up with Jenny for some quality time - we hadn't seen each other in 2 months! And our real purpose for getting out was to go apartment hunting. Of course, in Lincoln Park, our hunting basically turned into lots of ogling at large, single-family homes. We took pictures of a few we liked . . .
and some places we found monstrous and horrifying.






We also happened upon a spot of sidewalk that is possibly the coolest I've seen - I threw my shoe out there to pretend we were playing Monopoly. If only there had been a Scotty around! After a good walk and a nice lunch (complete with a pitcher of cranberry margaritas) I left Jenny to go down to the Taste of Chicago with Ruthie, in the hopes that we would get to see Counting Crows. Alas, the CC's were going on stage too late, so we enjoyed Augustana then headed home to put on party clothes.
The party this year was Nantucket theme. Most of my friends were born ready for a party like this but still managed to go out and buy a new ensemble for the occasion. A few guys picked up some new topsiders. . .
And the girls were looking spiffy as well. All in all, it was another hit of a party - the punch was plentiful and the collars were popped. Nate the Great did himself proud!

On Sunday afternoon, Nate treated me to a tour of Wrigley Field. We got to see the visiting teams's clubhouse (the smallest in the Major Leagues), the press box, etc. etc. And we really lucked out because the Cubs were not yet back from their away game which meant we got to see their clubhouse as well. Look at all of those perfectly laundered jerseys, just waiting for some dirt and grass stains.
The tour ended at the Cubs' dugout, and we got to walk on the ground brick, but NOT the grass (although I stuck my toes on the grass, just to see how it felt - luscious!) We ended the day with a birthday dinner at Soprano's, an Italian restaurant near our house we had always been meaning to try.
I got some great (and crafty) gifts from family (loyal blog readers). Please check back because as I use/read/bake with my bday gifts, I'll post about them! 27 - so far so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment