Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Chicago Chocolate Tour

(i.e. the perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon downtown)

Last fall, Katie M. and I picked up some groupons for Chicago Chocolate Tours.  She had bought one extra and nicely offered it to Ruthie, who thought it would make a good story for her newest writing gig, food blogging for CBS Chicago.  So we spent about 3 hours on Sunday being led around the Magnificent Mile / Gold Coast area, tasting some amazing and interesting chocolates.
the piano praline chocolate was music to my taste buds
The first stop was at Teuscher Chocolates, in the 900 N. Michigan mall, where we were treated to champagne truffles which are as good as you would imagine.  After a taste at each place we were given a few minutes to make purchases, if we wished.  I couldn't help but buy a "piano praline" at Teuscher, which did please my palate, but I doubt I'd buy another one at around $4 a piece!
            We also stopped in at More Cupcakes, which has a food truck which I've seen in my neighborhood.  Next time I happen upon it I will have to stop and buy something because they were soooo good.
            My other favorite spot was Sarah's Pastries and Candies, where they let us sample two treats: the delights and the crunchy peanut butter bars.  I had to buy a few of the peanut butter bars to enjoy in the privacy of my own home.  I still have one waiting for me; perhaps when I'm done writing this . . . .
            Anyway, it was a lovely use of a Sunday afternoon, enhanced by our sundresses, I must say.
three happily chocolated ladies

No comments:

Post a Comment