Thursday, May 26, 2011

Book 'em, Wicko!

Over the 6 years that I've been teaching piano, I've collected a lot of teaching books, new and old (some with prices like 60 cents written on the cover, they're so old), with all the greatest intentions that I would use every one to become the most thorough piano teacher in the world.  Psssshhht!
            Each spring, my company offers $25 gas cards to teachers and clients who want to clean out their piano benches (in my case, bookcases) of old, unwanted books.  25 books = $25, which is a pretty crummy investment, it turns out.  But, it's better than nothing.  So tomorrow, I'm driving to my company's office and turning in 75 piano books.  Don't worry, I've got some left over, just in case this whole architecture thing doesn't work out for me and I have to go back to my original career.  I estimate that I've got about 100 books that I collected just for teaching.  That doesn't even begin to compare to the number of piano books that I have for playing.  Maybe I'll count them one of these days, if I'm so bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment