Sunday, January 2, 2011

Cross Stitch Christmas

This post is about a week late, but the sentiment is up-to-date.
This Christmas, I gave my family members some counted cross stitch projects I had been working on.  The first one I did was from a kit I bought last time I was home, at the Mystic Seaport Museum Store, a little taste of home for my dad and my step-mother.

Since my mom had the original cross-stitch, I had to think of something else to do for her.  After a lot of mulling, I remembered what my grandmother used to say to my mom every morning to wake her up for school (and my mother used to say to me sometimes too).  Here is the result.

Another gift I gave to my parents was a drawing for each of them, that I had done in my drawing class.  Here is the finished and framed drawing for my mom, which was perfect for her because she weaves and uses the same spools of yarn as I drew in class.  She has it up in her weaving room.

No comments:

Post a Comment