Saturday, May 23, 2009

Sunny Saturday

It's been a long and beautiful day.  Nate the Great and I were up early for a Saturday - off to the first Antiques Market of the season.  This year, I bought a season pass, so we got to skip the huge line waiting to get in at 10AM and get right to the shopping, or should I say, looking.  
Even though we saw lots we liked (and I was kicking myself for not bringing my camera) like bright blue caned dining chairs AND some more traditional wooden chairs with hot purple seats, I ended up leaving with just a red glass hand-blown christmas-tree ornament.  The guy who had made it had a set-up there where he was making some new stuff right in front of us.  Nate was happy with the purchase of an old Schwinn Unicycle.  
After we had had our fill of antiques and new crafts, our bellies were empty, so we filled them at Jerry's in Wicker Park, and after a quick shopping trip at Renegade, we topped off our sandwiches with some gelato at Caffe Gelato.  I was glad to finally have an excuse to buy something at Renegade, where I've looked before and have always been tempted.  This time we went in looking for a birthday gift for Nate's little sister, but Nate found a few things for himself, including a poster of the Andrew Bird concert we went to in April at the Civic Opera House, and a pair of lego cuff-links.
Now we're back home, baking and otherwise preparing for a cookout tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment