Sunday, May 17, 2009

Nateless weekend

While Nate is off celebrating his brother Matthew's graduation from St. Lawrence University, I stayed home alone in Chicago to enjoy some beautiful spring weather on my own.  
Yesterday, my Dragbies softball team braved the mud (from some rain storms earlier this week) and trounced our not-so-worthy competitors, the B Team.  I actually played, now that I have my softball glove from 7th grade, and made contact at an at-bat, although I was thrown out at first base.  Better luck next time!  
Last night, I had tickets to the CSO, and in Nate's stead, I brought our friend Laura, who played cello with Nate in the Colgate Orchestra.  We enjoyed 2 pieces by Sibelius and the Beethoven Violin Concerto, which after a good 2 measures Laura recognized and whispered "I played this!"  We also spotted her boss in the first row of the balcony.  
Back at home, both Friday night and this morning, I've started work on a scrapbook which I'm making for Jessica of the whole wedding experience - including Bachelorette Party, Bridal Shower, some wedding planning, engagement, our road trip, rehearsal dinner, etc.  While I'm waiting for her mom to send me some artifacts, and for Jessica herself to upload some pictures, I've put together 2 spreads which I know cannot be added to 
From our road trip:










and from our trip to Disney World.








I've never scrap-booked before, so I'm kind of making it up as I go along.  I have to say, though, that the stuff I'm doing here reminds me a lot of the psych cards (little posters to get me psyched up) that Jess and our other friends used to make for me in high school when I was on the swim team.  Here's a good one, from when I made the team for the New England Championships.  Abercrombie and Fitch was the publication of choice for these, as they supplied the most bronzed bodies for us to paste our "friends" heads onto.  Memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment