Thursday, April 17, 2008

Well, my chair and rug have both arrived and been arranged artfully in my family room.  The chair only took 2 of the 4-6 expected weeks to deliver (which was quite impressive) and therefore arrived just in time for some surprise houseguests - my boyfriend's family!  
So now I have a "completed" room.  At least I had told myself that when I had that chair and that rug my room would be finished.  The thing is, the cluttered life I lead may never allow for me to be fully satisfied with something like a room arrangement.  This is what I need to keep in mind: comfort is more important than perfection.  
This is also a good message for me to keep in mind as I prepare my students for their next recital at the end of May (and as I prepare my own piece to play in the recital).  There will always be elements of all of our pieces that we could improve on, but there comes a time when we have to say "this is how it's going to be," and then be comfortable with it.  
Of course, I love my chair.  And that rug really ties the room together.

No comments:

Post a Comment