Thursday, December 20, 2007

the best gifts

I read in a magazine that the gift most popular with teachers is a handwritten thank you note. Well, they didn't poll me when they wrote that article! I personally think gift cards are just fine, though my favorite gifts have been handmade gifts, like that ornament I wrote about before. This year's best gift contender: a dish towel with "Heather's Kitchen" monogrammed on it, from a mother who has a monogramming business. In addition to that gift, the same family gave me some nicely decorated christmas cookies. My student's little brother saw me leaving the house with a box of cookies and said "are those cookies?!" He was not pleased about any more cookies leaving the house than necessary. Somebody give that boy a cookie!

No comments:

Post a Comment