Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mother's Day Mail Call

This morning I woke up bright and early-enough to send out some correspondence.  I've been putting off sending out mother's day cards, but the Thursday before Mother's Day is probably the latest I can wait.  After sending out the traditional cards to my own mom and step-mother, I decided to send one more, to my friend Ly, because even though she's half way through her pregnancy I have yet to congratulate her.
            Ly and I went to a boarding school for high school, and met because we were roommates our freshman year.  During school vacations and summers, my friends and I would send each other letters, which I used to be so good at and do so rarely anymore.  Ly's letter were some of the best because she writes letters almost like she talks, so that when I read them now I feel like we've just spoken on the phone.
            We were also a little obsessed with stickers, back in the day (and I continue to keep a collection).  We would send letters in envelopes that were covered in stickers.  I'm putting up a picture of one of Jess's old envelopes.  My favorite thing about the stickers was that we would usually put up a bunch of stickers that had nothing to do with each other but often write a comment about one or two of them.
            So this morning, after sealing Ly's future-mother's day card, I got out my old books of stickers (with a few new ones here and there) and went to work.  Here is the finished product.  I think it's only slightly classier than what we used to send out in the mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment