Tuesday, April 5, 2011

An Old Obsession Rears Its Ugly Head(s)

About a week ago I was going through a big, big closet purge and happened upon some stuff my step-mother sent out to me in the fall, while she was purging my bedroom back at home of all my childhood crap.  The main item of interest was a ziploc baggie filled with a small portion of my PEZ dispenser collection.
            Yes, back in junior high/early high school I went through a crazy pez-collecting phase.
            Anyway, thinking I should keep right on going with my closet purge by getting rid of these little guys, I posted a question on facebook: "pez collection: keep or toss?"  The response was overwhelmingly "keep" (although a few friends suggested I donate the pez to them, but I will count that as a "keep").  So, once my interest in the subject was piqued, you might say for the second time in my life, I called up my mom and asked her if she knew where the rest of the collection was.  Yes, in the attic.  So, she has sent out my collection, and as of yesterday evening the gang is all back together.  Here they are, set up on my living room mantel, until I can think of something more adult to do with them.  I've pictured the more interesting ones.  I have over 50 total.


My personal favorites are: the Pink Panther, Asterix, Yosemite Sam, and Woodstock.
I guess this is another example of how you can never fully outgrow your high-school self.  It's good to have you back, guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment