Friday, April 29, 2011

A big day for Kates (and Katies)

This morning, after finished my breakfast, I didn't feel well for approximately 15 minutes, which was just enough time to convince myself not to go to the gym.  But instead of staying home just to watch the royal wedding, I set to work making a birthday gift for my friend Katie.  I like to do these things last-minute, I suppose, and all in one sitting.  I actually would have finished this bag in one sitting, really, if my needles hadn't kept breaking.  I'm going to have to figure out what the deal is - is it something I'm doing wrong with the machine, or am I just cursed?
            Anyway, here's what I whipped up.  I think this is officially the last bag I can make with red canvas, but don't worry: I have plenty of other colors to work with . . .
            And I did tivo the royal wedding, so I'm watching it in stages.  I do think that perhaps the plaid that I chose for the bag was a little appropriate for the day, since it does strike me as British-y.  Plus blue, red, and white are our colors, aren't they?
            Also, I was able to use the embroidery setting on my machine to do Katie's initials in the bag, then put my mark on the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment