Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Garlic and Sapphires: The Secret Life of a Critic in DisguiseGarlic and Sapphires: The Secret Life of a Critic in Disguise by Ruth Reichl
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is the first book I've read for a new food-themed book club and if it's any indication of things to come, then I'm very excited.  Ruth Reichl is such an easy-to-read and easy-to-like author.  She has an amazing job and instead of being insanely jealous of her, I just fell in love with her.  She's like the popular girl in school who you want to hate, but then you get to know her and you find out she's the nicest person ever.  Gah!  She doesn't even need to be writing about food for me to appreciate her words, but boy, when she writes about food, it is gooood.

Book club meeting will be a pot luck of some of the recipes throughout the book.  I don't know if I can wait the 2 1/2 weeks until that dinner!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment