Tuesday, December 30, 2008

2008 quick facts.


I can't necessarily say it's back by popular demand - since I don't know how many (but I have an idea of how few) people read this blog.  But I liked recapping the year in this way:

Piano lessons taught: 922
Piano Recitals: 2, plus one company-wide concert
Album of the Year: Asking for Flowers by Kathleen Edwards
     Runner Up: The Stand Ins by Okkervil River
Favorite band I discovered: Glen Hansard/The Frames
     Runner Up: The Shout Out Louds
Best Song:  All the World (I Tell Myself) by Correatown
     Runner Up: The Cheapest Key by Kathleen Edwards
Favorite Movie in a Theater: Wall-E
     Runner Up: Sex in the City (that's right!)
Favorite Movie from Netflix: The Assassination of Jesse James . . . 
     Runner Up: Anne of Green Gables trilogy
Favorite Play: Our Town, performed by David Cromer and the Hypocrites
Best Concert: Kathleen Edwards at the Metro
Best TV Show: Mad Men
Favorite Book: Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
     Runner Up: Prep by Curtis Sittenfeld
Favorite Game: Apples to Apples
Cubs Games Attended: 13 (including one post-season)
     Number of those games they won: 11
New City I visited: Milwaukee, WI
Best thing I did there (other than go to a Cubs Game): the free tour of the Miller Brewery!

No comments:

Post a Comment