Friday, March 12, 2010

Hi! Monkey! continued

I'm getting ready for a long day of St. Patty's-ing tomorrow.  As we have for the past few years, we're heading down to our friend Jon's apartment, which overlooks the Chicago River, to catch a glimpse of the river being dyed green.  It's a great yearly affair, with bagels and beer.
I am contributing a snack this year of Lucky Charms treats.  I basically followed a regular Rice Krispy treat recipe, added some green food dye to the melted marshmallows before adding the cereal, then used Lucky Charms instead of Krispies (obviously).  I followed a normal recipe, but I wish I had found these lovely step-by-step set of instructions before I made my treat!
I should look for my pipe cleaners, because Hi Monkey also has a nice, easy St. Patty's day craft.

No comments:

Post a Comment