Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas scarves

Either last year or the fall before, Martha Stewart had a project in her Good Things section that was a sewn scarf.  I tore out the page, put it up on my wall, and have looked at it ever since as a wish-list project.  Being in school, I didn't think I would have time to make some handmade gifts for Christmas this year, but I found some time after the semester was over.
Here are Martha's instructions for the project.  As you will see, I took some liberties.  It was a quick project: fabric on one side and fleece on the other.  My mom said that hers was even a little too warm, but I think she will be able to stand it, since she keeps her house at a balmy 60 degrees or so.
I made six scarves total - two with each fabric (see the post below for the three fabrics I used).


No comments:

Post a Comment